Connect is participating in different projects related to entrepreneurship and innovation.
- OSIRIS - Supporting the smart specialization approach in the silver economy to increase regional innovation capacity and sustainable growth. As a result of the project Smart Silver Labs were created in the project regions. Smart Silver Labs were put into action to organize regional Innovation Programs as well as transnational Accelerator Program to help develop new products for seniors wellbeing. Transnational cooperation among regional Smart Silver Labs is facilitated through SilverHub.
- Senior Entrepreneurs: Best Practices Exchange
As a result of the project European Commission has published a Manual of Good Practices on Senior Entrepreneurship. The objective of this document is to present some of the existing initiatives at national and local level aiming to support senior entrepreneurs and to promote inter-generational entrepreneurship.
The Manual is the outcome of 2 European Workshops ("Laboratories") which were held in 2015 in London and in Barcelona, bringing together experts and relevant organizations with the objective of exchanging good practice in the field.
- Best Agers and Best Agers Lighthouses
As previous research have shown, the population of the Baltic Sea Region will rapidly become older and the 55+ (Best Agers) age groups will experience large growth rates in the near future. The result will be a pool of older professionals who are healthier than ever, well-educated and motivated and who can be mobilized to counteract the negative effects of demographic change.
19 partners from the Baltic Sea region have worked together to survey successful approaches and good practice examples for best agers involvement into society on a more intensive, inclusive and efficient basis.
Below is the story of Latvian senior inventor Mr. Miervaldis Rozenbergs.
- Promoting Entrepreneurship
- Connect Baltic-Russia
- Connect Baltic Sea Region+