Climate Data Store training
Copernicus Climate Change Service User Learning Services Training Event
Location: Riga, Latvia
Date: 12th March, 2nd of April and 11th April of 2019
Format: Blended event (Introductory webinar, Full day face-to-face
event, Final webinar)
Introductory webinar (12th March 16.00-17.00) will be translated live at the following venues:
- SSE Riga, Strelnieku street 4A, Riga - Room 411 on the 4th floor
- University of Latvia Academic Centre, House of Nature, Jelgavas street 1, Riga - Auditorium 301
Video recording of the introductory webinar is available here.
The objective of this training is to acquire knowledge on the use of climate
data and the potential use of the Climate Data Store (CDS) and toolbox.
Copernicus Climate Change Service (C3S) User Learning Services offers free eLearning supported by a face-to-face training on the use of climate data for climate adaptation challenges and on the use of the Climate Data Store toolbox.
Within the CDS you can find quality assured, free of charge climate information. The CDS provides an extensive collection of climate datasets, easily searchable through a catalogue. In addition, an online toolbox allows users to build workflows and applications suited to their needs.
The blended training approach is based on eLearning, individual self-paced learning using resources on the Learning Experience Platform (https://uls.climate.copernicus.eu/), supported by two online webinars and a face-to-face event:
- Introductory webinar: Tuesday, 12th of March, 16.00-17.00
Introduction to the blended training approach and the Copernicus Climate Change Service (C3S)
- Full day face-to-face event: Tuesday, 2nd of April, 09.00-18.00
Venue: University of Latvia Academic Centre, House of Nature, Jelgavas street 1, Riga, Room Aeris
Climate change data selection and use for extraction in CDS in the morning with practical team challenges in the afternoon.
- Final webinar: Thursday, 11th of April 2019, 16.00-17.00
Presentation of case studies, discussion, and questions and answers session
Our ambition is to provide high quality training to those who want to incorporate climate data to their business, research or projects, such as:
- Sectoral end users (priority: energy, water, agriculture and local planners) who will gain an understanding on the wealth of climate data available to them.
- Researchers & consultants: Identify opportunities offered by the CDS and main climate data sources and tools.
- Masters' students in climate studies, meteorology, hydrology, physical geography or related fields who want to acquire additional skills.
The training will be in Latvian and English, while the main learning materials are in English. The learning process will be facilitated by Latvian experts who can clarify concepts in Latvian and act as translators. Participants will receive a certificate after successfully completing the blended training. Participants who do not live in Riga will get the travel (70%) and accommodation (specified sum 105 EUR) costs reimbursed after successful completion of the training.
Register to the event via the Learning Experience Platform (https://uls.climate.copernicus.eu/). Please note: first you have to self-register on the platform, then request enrolment for the event. Once you register for the event, additional information will be provided.